Spider-Y is a charitable organisation that is at the forefront of awareness and inclusion, promoting disability sports throughout the Yorkshire region.
Our multi-sports and skills coaching programme works with schools and organisations throughout the whole of Yorkshire to introduce people who are able-bodied to disability sport so that they are encouraged to have a greater understanding and appreciation of their disabled peers. We believe this helps break down the prejudices that sometime exist.
- Breakdown barriers
- Promote inclusion
- Raise awareness
- Develop teamwork through communication
- Encourage understanding of disability
- Practical sessions focussing on equality and diversity
- Promotes individuals spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Creates a cohesive and supportive learning community
- Enhances positive sports experiences and helps individuals have a rounded outlook on disability
- Enriches the school’s curriculum
Martyn can also be contacted directly on 07725 215736
All our staff are CRB-vetted and adhere to our strict Child Protection Policy.
We carry £10million worth of Public Liability Insurance.
We hope that you will not hesitate to contact us for further discussion and exploration.
- SPIDER-Y Ltd registered charity 1125793